Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Lip Scrub!

Lush's Sweet Lips Lip Scrub has been in my monthly favorites a couple times in the past year, as I think it is a great way to slough off dry skin and smoothen and soften my lips.


I finished my pot recently and instead of shelling out $9 for another little tub, I headed in to my kitchen. Sweet Lips is basically oil, sugar, and cocoa flavoring....all things I have in my kitchen. I decided to skip the flavoring, but here is how I made my own do-it-yourself (DIY) lip scrub:

1. Pour olive oil into the palm of my hand:


2. Add some white sugar and mix:


3. Apply to lips and scrub a dub dub:


My DIY version was just as effective as the Lush scrub, and 100% natural. There are so many variations you can do:
  • Use coconut oil, almond oil, or any other oil of your preference
  • Store the scrub in a little tub and keep it ready for anytime use
  • Use brown sugar or salt for different sized granules
  • Add cocoa powder or another flavoring
My lips are as smooth as ever and I have a few more bucks to spend on a lip product to apply to those smooth lips. =) 

5 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! I always think home made shower scrubs beat anything you can buy in the shops and this is no different, cheap as chips and just as effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Do you have any good DIY recipes?

      Delete
  2. That is such a great tip. I would love to make my own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a great DIY, I also do the same. I use maple syrup for the thickness and flavour.

    http://styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails