Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday-Perfect Fragrances from The Soap and Paper Factory: Pure Soy Candle and Solid Perfume Reviews

Ok, so I have changed the look of the blog yet again. I was having some issues with Wordpress and honestly I just don't have a huge chunk of time to sit down and figure out how to fix everything. Many of the photos from recent posts are not showing up but I will be fixing that in the next couple weeks. 

Back to the post.

Since I was a teenager I have loved candles. Not just collecting or admiring them, but I love to burn them. When I was younger my dad was always paranoid that I would knock one over so he made sure I was super careful, and I am glad he did, since my love for candles has only grown and I burn them quite frequently, so safety is #1. 

Soy candles are all the rage now and I was excited to have the opportunity one of the Pure Soy Candles form The Soap and Paper Factory


I love Vanilla fragrances, especially during this time of year, so the scent Burnt Vanilla is perfect for me. Well, it would have been perfect if it actually smelled like vanilla. I burned this candle for 3 hours and my living room only vaguely smelled like vanilla, and that too after I walked out of the room and backed in. When I was just sitting in the room I couldn't smell a thing The fragrance itself is nice when I hold the candle up to my nose, and it supposedly lasts 55 hours, but to justify the $18 price tag I believe the company needs to make the fragrance more powerful.

One product that the company did get right is the Solid Perfume:


This is a typical solid perfume that is great for travel or sticking in your handbag for touch-ups on the go.  The website says you can use this as a typical fragrance on the body's pulse points or even apply a little to the hair as a pomade. I mainly used this as a perfume, because it is quite thick and I don't want to use up half the product on one hair application. 


The fragrance I tried is Amber Absolute and it smells exactly like Amber Romance from Victoria's Secret. This too has a bit of a vanilla-y scent but much for sensual due to the sandalwood and amber combination. 


On the skin this fragrance lasts about 2 hours and then starts to fade, but I can still smell it faintly after 5-6 hours. The solid perfume retails for $18 and I especially like it for travel because of all the restrictions these days on liquids in carry-on luggage. I am anxious to try out the scent called "Close" because it smells of sandalwood, vetiver, oakmoss, a combination that is just up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails