Sunday, November 6, 2011

Habanera with the Hubby, Nars Habanera That Is

I haven't been feeling too creative in the makeup department recently, so when I knew I was going out on a dinner date with the hubby, I reached to the bottom of my makeup stash to pull out some non-neutral fun: Nars Habanera eyeshadow duo:



I love how pigmented these shadows are and the minty shade gives a bit of flair to a classic grey. When swatched, the glitter in the grey shade is not so visible, and although there is some glitter, there is no fallout.

Nars Habanera Swatch with Flash


Nars Habanera Swatch without Flash


This is the look I created for my dinner date:



Here's what I used:




  • MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot as a base

  • NARS Habanera icy blue shade on inner lid

  • NARS Habanera grey shade on outer lid

  • MAC Carbon and Contrast in crease

  • MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on upper lash line

  • MAC Black Funk on waterline

  • Lancome Cils Booster XL on top lashes

  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara on top and bottom lashes



The hubby and I didn't end up going anywhere fancy, just a casual sit-down Italian restaurant, but it was still fun to play fancy with my makeup. =)

6 comments:

  1. I love the look you put together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Neena. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo that looks stunning!! Im always scared to try out silver toned eyeshadows on me because they always make my (Indian) skin look washed out! But this look gorgeous on you - will defs have to check this duo out!!
    Was also reading one of your posts on a burgundy lipstick and laughed out loud at "it's not an Aunty shade" - hahaha totally know what you're talking about there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe....glad you were able to relate! I hope you do check out this duo...its lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails