If I could only have 5 MAC shadows for the rest of my life, I would choose the following 5:
- Expensive Pink: It is a duochrome shade that swatches pink but in reality has peach and gold tones to it that make it absolutely beautiful on the lid. A quick swipe of this makes for an interesting daytime OR evening eye look, and also looks great paired with browns, bronzes, plums, and golds.
- Texture: Is great in the crease for light-medium skin tones, and is a great lid or blending shade for darker skin tones. The warmth of this shades helps counteract sallowness in the eyes and the shadow itself blends effortlessly.
- Sable: This is basically a warmer Satin Taupe. I like this better because it looks a bit more natural than Satin Taupe, and it works on EVERYONE. It can be used on the lid for a smoky eye, as a crease accentuating shade, or even as a liner for nude eye looks. I like that this shade is great for a daytime smoky eye and won't make people look at you funny on the streets.
- Bronze: This shade is exactly what I imagine when I think of Bronze. Again, this is another one of those shades that looks great for smoky evening looks or paired with other colors in the crease.
- Embark: Since I reach for neutrals more than colors, this is my go to crease shade. Whether I am wearing pinks, bronzes, plums, coppers, (the list goes on and on), this is one of those dark colors that I can rely on to accentuate the crease without looking Jerseylicous-ish. This is also a great liner shade because it is a dark, warm, and not as harsh as black.
Do you have any of these shades? What are your 5 must have MAC shadows?