Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Halloween Devil Look

I don't like Halloween.

There, I said it.

I know most beauty fanatics love this spooky holiday because it gives them the freedom to go cra-zay with makeup, and don't get me wrong, I like that too, but I hate the build-up around Halloween parties. Everyone always has such high expectations over Halloween party and inevitably, the party ends up being just ok. I did go to one really good Halloween party last year, and I think it was great because we didn't have any expectations and it was at my cousin's house so I was just excited to see my cousins.

In any case, I did end up going to a Halloween party this weekend and I wore my standard issue devil costume. This year I decided to do more of a beauty look with a little funky twist. 



I didn't do anything crazy because I didn't have time, so I did a basic look and just added a lot of red and black to make it more devil-y.


Face:




  • Reviva Labs Face Primer

  • MAC Face and Body Foundation

  • MAC Pro Longwear Concealer under eyes

  • Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder

  • MAC Bite of an Apple Blush to contour cheeks and slightly under chin

  • MAC Carbon Eyeshadow to contour nose and cheekbones


Lips:




  • Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Liner in Gash

  • MAC Dubonnet Lipstick



Eyes




  • Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base

  • MAC Big Bounce Shadow in Impeccably Rick

  • MAC Bite of an Apple Blush all over lid and on browbone

  • MAC Coppering and Carbon in crease

  • MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on top lashline

  • MAC Feline on waterline

  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara on top and bottom lashes


What do you think? Did you or will you dress up for Halloween?


8 comments:

  1. Nice, love the look! I dressed up for work today as a Ladybug. I also dressed up for work last Thursday because we were doing a community service type of event for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't dress up as it was too cold, but neck up I was the Black Swan (from the movie.) I have pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I want to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I want to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's one:
    Black Swan

    Black Swan 2

    It literally took an hour. What really bugs me is you can't see the contour on the neck and cheeks. Flash zapped them out. I have a long neck and high cheekbones as is, but I contoured under my cheekbones (I mixed two greys) for a more gaunt or "duckbill" effect and with the same greys I contoured the hollows of my neck (the ones on either side of my windpipe) to make the front thinner like in the movie (and, well, like a swan.) I wore a really deep v-neck to make my neck look longer. It was pretty wicked. Wore the lazy ballerina bun over a formal one (a formal one takes too long. All that mousse, pins, and hairspray!)

    I could NOT get that lipstick not to stay where it was supposed to (actually, it was more, my food kept transporting my lipstick everywhere), hence lipstick out of my lip line. Fixed it as much as I could. It was 8 PM and I wasn't going to wipe it all the red lipliner, lipstick and black eyeshadow to reapply for a photo. Too lazy. I threw out the burgundy lips. I look REALLY bad in burgundy so I went with red lips with black eyeshadow for a more "evil" look. Otherwise, everything is done to the movie poster. Oh, I couldn't find a matte white, so I got as close as I could--UD Virgin which is a shade paler than I am...and not matte one bit. Whoever said it was matte was lying through their teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300825_2230317874504_1144560621_32229323_419210145_n.jpg
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/308597_2230315594447_1144560621_32229322_1598411056_n.jpg
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297175_2230314754426_1144560621_32229321_1343861488_n.jpg

    Here you go (hopefully this comment will post; the other didn't.) What you don't really see is the contouring in the cheeks and the neck (flash zapped it out.) I have naturally high cheekbones and a long neck, but if you look in the movie poster, Portman's cheekbones are contoured to be sharp and to pop out so I contoured them with a mix of two light greys to pop out. I used the same greys and shaded the hollows on either side of my windpipe to make my neck look skinnier and longer like a swan's (and in that one scene where Natalie's neck turns into that skinny, warped swan-like neck.)

    Sorry for the red being outside the lipline. It was 8 PM and I did my best to fix it. I wasn't in the mood into take all of it off and do it all over! I did a red lip with black eyeshadow to make it look more "evil" as the burgundy lip from the movie would have looked too harsh on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Apparently this blog hates posting links to photos (I tried to send you a comment twice), but you can see them on my Facebook (or in my avatar currently.) I don't know if you can see profiles if a page is liked, but I'll leave you a comment on your page on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about that! I will look in to it and see if I can modify the settings. Sometimes it doesn't like links because it thinks they are spam. I will check my FB page!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails