Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MAC Holiday 2011 Faves

It's that time again....MAC Holiday time!!

I recently stopped by my local MAC to check out the holiday collection and I was drooling over the new face kits. These kits are exclusive to MAC stores and online, but I hear that Nordstrom has an exclusive kit too but with different shades. Each kit includes a full size lipstick, full size lipgloss, 3 special edition brushes - 129 SE cheek brush, 275 SE shadow brush, and 266 SE brow/liner brush - and a palette that has 4 shadows and a blush, all for $59.50.



Here are swatches of the warm kit:

L-R: Seasonal Appeal blush, Mellowarm lipstick (top), Join the Party lipglass (bottom), shadows top-bottom: Golden Flurry, Soft Brown, Omega, Carbon


Here are swatches of the cool kit:


L-R: Mocha blush, Hot Gossip lipstick (top), Emancipation Lipgloss (bottom), shadows top-bottom: Phloof!, Dance in the Dark, Quarry, Brun


My MAC didn't have all the kits on display, but they did have the color collection out. I swatched the mineralize shadows, and though they were the smoothest mineralize shadows I have swtached, the colors weren't amazing and nothing I couldn't dupe. I did like Let's Skate Paint Pot, but it was more glitter than color, so I doubt I will be picking it up. 


Paint Pots Clockwise from top: Let's Skate, For Effect, Morning Frost


The one product I was really excited about were the technakohl liners, because I used these on a regular basis. I was hoping more unique colors, which some of them are, but they weren't so unique that I couldn't dupe them. Also, I know Temptalia wrote that the formula on these liners sucked, but my experience was different. Yes, the glitter particles in some of the liners does make the texture a bit more rough, but the liners were all very pigmented and smooth to apply. They are not as smooth as the Pearlglides, but really, how many liners are that smooth?


Technakohl Liners Top - Bottom: Fancy Moves, Seasonally Spicy, Going for Gold, Practice Makes Perfect, Silver Skates, Smooth Manoeuvre


The lip products weren't anything special in my book, and the beauty powders were just ok. I prefer mineralize skinfinishes for my highlighters. All in all, the collection is super fun to look at and if I do pick up anything, it will be the face kits and the technakohl liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails