This is a peel of face mask that is supposed to draw out dirt, oil, and other impurities and also brighten the skin. It would make for a great Halloween mask because it really is black and ugly:
I decided to compare this to the Bath and Body Works (B&BW) Fresh and Flawless Face Mask with Purifying Clay.
Many moons ago B&BW had a skin care line and they had really nice clay face masks so I was hoping this would be similar. This is also on clearance right now because it was part of the summer collection...one more incentive to try it out. This is a non-peel off mask that requires washing with water.
So what were my thoughts?
- $34 for 2.8 oz
- Have to use a really thick layer in order for it to peel off (6-10 uses per tube depending on how thick you apply it)
- REALLY HARD to peel off, ends up leaving lots of black spots you have to scrub using water
- No noticeable difference in skin texture or luminosity
- Since product has to be layered thickly, it takes a lot more than 20 minutes to dry
Bath and Body Works
- $1.75 for 2 oz (it is actually $7 but on clearance right now for 75% off)
- A thin layer is effective...will last MANY more than 10 uses
- Very creamy in consistency....feels great on the skin
- Smells delicious
- Doesn't make skin feel stiff, while mask is on and after mask is washed off
- Dries in about 10-15 minutes
- Easy to wash off
- Leaves skin super smooth, soft, and hydrated
Overall, I prefer the B&BW mask 100%! I really like the fragrance (even the hubby came close to me and said it smelled good, and that RARELY happens), it made my skin super soft, and most importantly it was easy to wash off. The Boscia mask was a nightmare to remove. No matter how thick it was, there were some areas that just wouldn't peel off. After peeling as much as I could, I had at least 7-8 black splotches on my face that I had to scrub harshly using water. That just made the whole experience extremely frustrating and irritated my skin. Any relaxation that I got from having the mask on was immediately gone because I had to spend a good 15 minutes getting all the black crap off. Now I remember why the Boscia mask was hidden away for the past few months.