Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bobbi Brown Instant Long Wear Makeup Remover Review

Lately I have been on a fall-cleaning spree and am trying to use up all my half-used products and trial sizes so that I can make space and get better organized. I just finished up using a trial size Bobbi Brown Instant Long Wear Makeup Remover and wanted to share my thoughts on it:


This is a duo-phase (oil phase and water phase) makeup remover that you have to shake to mix up the phases before getting on a cotton pad. I prefer duo-phase removers because I think oil is necessary in removing long wear eyeliner and mascara. 

Although I used this up, I don't like it enough to repurchase. It does remove long wear makeup, but it kind of smears it around as I rub it on my eye area. I often felt like I had to get some of the makeup off, then use a new cotton pad with more makeup remover in order to remove the makeup that was smeared around. It might work better for those who simply wear regular eyeliner and a bit of shadow and mascara, but I like to use long wear liners and lots of mascara, so this isn't powerful enough for me. 

Do you ever try using up products or do you simply toss them?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been trying to use up my hair and body products! I'm doing pretty good at finishing up some of my shampoos & conditioners, and body washes, but hair styling products is not going so well, I just have too much! I'll get there at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never like wasting products. I either use it up, sell it in a blog sale, or swap it on MUA. I have saved a ton of money since discovering MUA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LipGlossGossip Haha I am the opposite...I feel like I neglect my hair and show my skin all the love!

    @Chris MUA is an amazing site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've def had a bad time with my hair. The split ends really annoy me. I've gone for a new look - short and stylish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh i hate when removers dont get all the stubborn mascara and liner! i love wearing tons of mascara and lots of black liner so i need a great remover. thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one, i wont bother trying it. i like neutrogena's remover, but i have to say mac's cleanse off oil is my favorite so far that i have tried.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails