I have been using makeup setting sprays regularly for about 3-4 months now. The two that I have been going back and forth with are the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray and MAC Fix+. Both setting sprays are effective but when it comes time to repurchase, I definitely have a preference.
Features of the Urban Decay All Nighter:
- Helps makeup last all day
- Spray nozzle is concentrated, and sprays quickly and exactly where you want it to spray
- Once sprayed, the product settles on the skin and doesn't get lost in the air
- Fragrance free
Features of the MAC Fix + (Pictured is the rose fragranced version from A Rose Romance collection circa 2009):
- Helps makeup last all day AND it gives skin a natural look, removing all cakiness
- Feels refreshing on the skin, especially if you refrigerate it during the summer
- The product is very misty and stays in the air for a few seconds before settling on the skin, but this also allows for more of a misty feel
- Smells refreshing and clean (or fragranced if you get a fragranced version like the rose one I have)
- Spray nozzle has a locking mechanism that comes in handy for travel
If you couldn't already guess, I much prefer the Fix+. I love how it feels on my skin and how it takes away the cakiness of foundation. Also, I think that the All Nighter makes foundation oxidize quicker, so whenever I use it I always feel like my foundation looks half a shade darker.
What do you think? Have you tried any setting sprays?