Friday, April 15, 2011

Illamasqua Eye Liner Cake Review and Sephora Sale

Being the eye liner fiend that I am, I ventured in to the land of Illamasqua (rather, Illamasqua ventured in to me, as this was sent to me) and tried out their Eye Liner Cake in Mislead (aka black). 


Now, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into, so let me warn you before you go out and try this. This liner cake is a pressed powder. You have to either mix it with the Illamasqua Sealing Gel (or other eyeliner activating product) or with water to activate the product and ensure that is long-wearing and acts like a gel liner. Since I don't usually use liner products that require activation (c'mon, who has the time for that?), I didn't have an activator so I used water. I simply wet my liner brush before swiping it in the liner cake.

L-R: One swipe of Illamasqua Mislead, Two swipes of Illamasqua Mislead, One swipe of MAC Blacktrack Fluidline

Quite honestly, I wasn't impressed. On its own, this is like any other black shadow. When mixed with water, its like any other black shadow mixed with water. Sure, it lasted all day, but the pigmentation did not match the intensity of other gel liners nor did it provide a crisp line. 



Kajal Couture Overall Rating: C-

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: I didn't see any benefit of using this liner over any other gel or cream liner. The pigmentation was poor and it takes more effort to use this vs. most other liners.

On another note, if you haven't already heard, there is a 15% off sale happening now for Sephora Beauty Insiders (BIs). Not a BI? Sign up for free on Sephora's website. Use code CHIC at checkout to get the discount. 

What is your favorite liner? Are you getting anything from the Sephora sale?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this..I think I may actually really enjoy it! One of my favorite all-time liners was the one MAC had which needed water to activate. I don't know what it was..but probably something about how my hand works that made it glide so smoothly. Then of course they discontinued it :( This reminds me quite a bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll pass on this liner. I love your eye makeup, what shadows are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fantastic power to you girl! I don't have the patience for this one!

    @Neena hmmm I think I'm wearing Arena, Swiss Chocolate, something else (can't remember) and Mystery.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails