If you have been following me for awhile, you know that I am OBSESSED with Costco. I love shopping at Costco, I love browsing at Costco, I love eating at Costco, I love samples at Costco, and I even look forward to getting my monthly Costco coupon book. Yes, I need CA....Costco-holics Anonymous.
Back to beauty.
After reading all the rave reviews of Costco's makeup wipes, the Kirkland (Costco's brand) Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes, I just had to get them for myself.
So after trying these out for a few months, what's my verdict? These wipes make me love Costco even more than I already did! Here's why:
- The wipes take off ALL makeup, including waterproof mascara and long-wear eyeliner
- The wipes are thicker than most so they hold up well and don't rip easily
- One wipe is more than enough to take off all my makeup, even stubborn eye makeup
- The wipes have a fresh scent, similar to a light cucumber smell, that is clean and refreshing
- The wipe amount in each package is varied...the Costco box includes 4 packs of 30 wipes and 2 packs of 15 wipes......ideal for traveling
- The wipes are cheap! You get a total of 150 wipes for about $11! And some months there is a coupon for the wipes!
However, I keep ending up with this problem:
The little plastic piece keeps coming loose, and often slips off the package entirely, meaning the package is exposed and the wipes could dry out. Now, I travel a lot and my wipes packages get tossed all over the place, so that might be why I experience this issue. If you only use these at home and keep them on a countertop, you probably won't have to deal with this. It's just a bit frustrating because I don't want my wipes to dry out, and I never had this problem with the MAC wipes. My MAC wipes would get tossed around as well, and since I used to use the 100 pack of MAC wipes, as opposed to the 30 pack of Costco wipes, one pack would last longer and endure more tossing around. But I still never had packaging issues.
All in all I probably will keep purchasing the Costco wipes and just hope they improve the packaging.
Kajal Couture Rating: A