Tuesday, December 21, 2010

MAC Cham Pale Must Haves

The MAC Cham Pale and Stylishly Yours collections will be in stores in a few days, on Dec. 26th, but I did get a chance to try out some of the products and the Cham Pale collection is totally up my alley, as I prefer neutrals and sparkle! Here are my must haves:

1. Eye Kohl in I Get No Kick:


This pencil has a great champagne color and is great for lining the waterline and is more natural than using a white pencil. It is also good for highlighting the inner corner of the eye (apply directly and smudge with finger or pencil).


It is definitely shimmery but looks great and is a unique shade. I prefer it over the Fascinating Eye Kohl because it looks more natural and complements the skin tone well.


2. Paint Pots!! I love them all! I use them as shadow bases (they work better for me than Urban Decay Primer Potion), and as a single wash of color on the lid when I am in a hurry. My fave is the shade Let Me Pop:


It looks like it might be a pigmented coppery/rose gold shade in the tub, but it swatches quite sheer.


It is more shimmery than pigmented, and when blended out more, it just looks like a rose gold colored shimmer.


Here it is in action on my lid. I applied it with my finger and am wearing it by itself with nothing other than mascara. (Don't mind the small brow hairs...I threaded soon after taking this photo). I will definitely be using this all holiday season, into spring and summer, and I think it is great for parties or as a base for any color. The best part? It doesn't crease or fade. LOVE!!! I recommend checking out all the shades as they are all fantastic! All shades are on the sheer and shimmery side, but they are all beautiful.


3. My last absolute must have is the nail lacquer in Soiree. I first thought it might look like rose gold (I just picked up a rose gold watch and now I am in love with everything rose gold).


When worn on the nails, it is more of a platinum meets rose gold shade. It is simply a gorgeous shade than can be worn year round. This one is definitely frosty, and applies without streaking..a plus for MAC nail polishes!


I really liked everything from this collection but these products were the ones that stood out the most to me. I love lip gelees so I def recommend those as well, but the ones in this collection are all super shimmery, and I would have liked to see at least one non-shimmery shade. I also like the lavender Fix +, as I love Fix + and the fragrance in it is like a nice bonus!

What do you think? Will you be picking up anything?

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Kajal! That paint pot is awesome:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was eyeing the Lipgelles when I heard about the collection. I'll have to test them before I get one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails