As you may know, I had my hair rebonded (Japanese hair straightening) in January when I was in India. 10 months later, my hair has grown significantly and I have about 5 inches of hair at my roots that is wavy and super frizzy. This product couldn't have come at a better time because I have been in desperate need of something to tame the frizzies and protect my hair from the hair dryer and straightening iron.
I use a nickel sized amount of the clear, liquidy serum and apply to my roots and all throughout my hair...all the way to the ends. I then blow-dry as usual, and if I have time, flat iron my roots. What I like about this product is that although it contains jojoba oil, it is non-greasy...so even the day after, my hair is not oily and gross. This really adds a lot of shine to my hair and makes it feel so nice and soft. And best of all, it does help tame the frizzies. If you have super curly or kinky hair, this might not be strong enough for your frizzies, but if you have thick, wavy hair like me, the Hana Shine Shield will work pretty well to tame those bad boys.
This also works as a good leave-in conditioner. If you have thinner hair and don't have much frizz to worry about, a few drops of this should help keep your hair soft and shiny. If any of you have tried the Chi Silk Infusion, this works waaaay better and is not greasy like the Chi product.
So, interested in trying this out for yourself? Well, one lucky reader will have a chance to win the Hana Shine Shield Thermal Protectant! I have been wanting to do a giveaway for awhile now, and thanks to Misikko, that time has come!
This contest is open to anyone in the US and Canada (sorry to my other international readers, but stay tuned for future giveaways!). Here's how to enter:
Leave a comment on this post and tell me what your biggest hair concern is.
Want more chances to win? Here's how:
- Become a follower of Kajal Couture by clicking on the "Follow" button on the right hand toolbar. Then comment back telling me you are a follower.
- Follow me on Twitter at @kajalcouture and comment back telling me you are a follower (or are already a follower).
- "Like" me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kajalcouture) and comment back telling me you "liked" me (or have already "liked" me in the past).
- Follow Misikko on Twitter and comment back telling me you are a follower.
- "Like" Misikko on Facebook () and comment back telling me you "liked" them
- Join Misikko's newsletter