My mom sent me this pic of Bollywood actress Kajal and told me I HAVE to try this eye makeup on myself. How cute is that? Over the past year or two, I have slowly gotten my mom to love makeup, and her fave product, like most Indian gals, is eyeliner.
I know I have talked a lot about eyeliner in the past (remember Eyeliner Week?) but I can't seem to get enough of it. But really, can I get enough of any makeup product? Ok, enough talking, here's how to get Kajal's piercing eyes:
- Fill in brows with a shadow that matches your hair tone, to create a strong frame for the eyes.
- If you want to add neutral shadow to the top lid, feel free, but it is not necessary
- Line the top eye lid with a gel or cream eyeliner like Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- Line the lower lid with a long-wearing black eye pencil like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero and make sure the liner meets the end of the line that you drew on the top lid, creating a smooth line all around the eye
- Take an angled shadow brush like the MAC 208 and swipe it in a black eyeshadow like MAC Carbon, and trace along the liner on the top lid, over the gel liner, using small, short strokes to set the gel liner and soften the line, so it is not harsh or sharp
- Repeat step 4 on the bottom lid
- Use your favorite kohl liner to line the water line. Blink a few times to transfer the color to the top water line (the tight line) and then add re-trace the lower water line to ensure the color is dark
- Curl your eyelashes and top with your favorite mascara
Do you have any requests for a makeup breakdown? Send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org! =)