Thursday, October 28, 2010

How Luxurious Can Nude Lips Be? Too Faced Lip of Luxury Review

In my constant quest for the perfect lipstick, I came across the Too Faced Lip of Luxury line of lipsticks. These lipsticks claim to be champagne-infused, creamy, shiny lipcolors that help smoothen the appearance of fine lines in the lips. This lipstick had me at hello the shiny diamond-like stone on the top of the lipstick cap:


The shade I tried is called Totally Nude. It's actually a shade darker than nude, which I think makes it more wearable, especially if you don't like the super nude, lips-blending-in-with-skin lip colors. This is especially nice for darker-skinned beauties because it won't wash you out.

  swatch of Totally Nude

The shade is almost that perfect balance of brown and pink, neither tone being overpowering. On me, it has that my-lips-but-better look:

Totally Nude on lips

So what about the formula? It is creamy and moisturizing, but not as much as the MAC cremesheen formula lipsticks. I don't think it helped minimize the appearance of the lines in my lips, but my lips did feel nice and moist. As far as staying power, I did get a good 3 hours of wear, until I drank coffee and ate, after which I did have to reapply, but then again that happens with any lipstick I wear. Overall, the formula is nice, but I prefer the MAC lipsticks because of the formula, color range, and price tag.

Kajal Couture Overall Rating: B

Have you tried this line? What do you recommend from Too Faced?

5 comments:

  1. I have a very similar colour from revlon - it's called cocoa craving and it's from the matte line. I wouldn't go so far as to call it moisturising but it's definitely not drying and the price is right. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shade, looks very flattering!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look lovely on you...not sure where I'd get it here in London? Which of the MAC cremesheen colours would you say is the perfect colour match for this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BabyGirlRina Yup I agree!

    @Ki Thanks for sharing the drugstore alternative!

    @tina I agree, very universal!

    @Beauty Passionista Try MAC Creme in your Coffee or Hue

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails