Monday, December 21, 2009

Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants Essence Review

In my constant search for my holy grail skin care routine, I ventured into the world of Japanese skin care and tried the Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants Essence. This serum is supposed to hydrate, firm, and provide balance to the skin, and contains a laundry list of natural and botanical ingredients. As I have mentioned before, I am on a green product kick, so naturally I was excited to try this out.

The texture of the serum is very liquidy, so it is easy to spread across the skin, and you don't need very much at all. That is a good thing, considering this 1.35oz bottle costs $107. Pricey, yes, but it will last you a loooong time.

In terms of results, I used this everyday for 3 weeks (refer to some previous posts to learn my philosophy on how long I need to use skin care to tell if I like it or not). I did not have any adverse reaction, but I also did not see anything amazing. My skin did feel moisturized, it did feel firm, and it was not dull. I still did not have that glow that I like, so I was not completely loving this product. I have a feeling this is one of those products you have to using for an extensive period of time to see results, so I am tempted to keep using it. Let's see how that goes, since I am such a product jumper.

Kajal Couture Rating: C

Kajal Couture Overall Opinion: The product itself is moisturizing, absorbs quickly into the skin, and feels great on. In terms of results, I did not get what I expected, but I have hope this will do more if used regularly for a longer period of time. It is very expensive though so I am not sure that I would repurchase unless I saw some miraculous change in my skin.

As a side note, when I received the product in the mail, I wasn't sure exactly how to use it, whether I had to rub thoroughly into the skin, or just let it absorb naturally. As you can see below, the instructions didn't help because they were all in Japanese. Thankfully, Koh Gen Do now has a website that provides English directions on how to use each product.

This product was provided to my by PR. For additional information, please refer to my Disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails