Sunday, November 8, 2009

Easy Peezy Earring Organization

Happy Sunday! Wait, Sundays aren't happy....it means the start of the work week. =/ The weekend is coming to an end and boy was it a busy one for me! I went to visit my fiance (he lives 1.5 hours away from me), watched a couple movies, went to a family friend's place for dinner, went to a class, and did makeup for a friend for a photoshoot. Man, I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

On to some fun stuff....

Awhile ago my mom had gone shopping for some home organization and she got me this really cool earring case and I wanted to share it with you all:


It opens up to reveal 4 sides that have holes and little grooves so you can store both dangly and stud type earrings. I didn't do the math, but it holds a LOT of pairs! It's great for me because I like to wear lots of different jewelry, but I rarely change my chain and pendant (I wear a religious one), instead I am constantly changing my earrings.

She got it from the Container Store and it's only $15!! You can check it out here. I love that store because they have so many cute little containers and great storage ideas. I am all about organization and I can't function if stuff is all over the place. I'm kind of like Monica from Friends, though not as compulsive as she was about the cleaning part. =)

On a random note, I made this Roasted Butternut Squash and Feta Risotto a few nights ago. It was absolutely dee-lish!! There is some onion, garlic, spinach, and some other spices in there. In the fall I really enjoy using holiday foods in my cooking, like pumpkin and cinnamon. The original recipe for this called for pumpkin but I decided to try it with Butternut Squash instead. It is not squishy like regular squash (I'm not fond of squishy veggies), and it has a nice flavor and is even a little bit sweet. Mmmm, I will definitely be making this one again!

3 comments:

  1. all of that feta looks so delicious..not to mention the squash. but the feta!!!

    container store is really addictive--if you don't watch out, you soon realize that all of your belongings are hidden in boxes, tubs and jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, your risotto looks delicious!

    I am like Monica too! Just not as extremely compulsive as she is. Container Store is one my favorite stores. I can spend a couple hours in there thinking about how I can use their products for organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fantastic The feta was soo good! I roasted that in the oven for a few minutes too so it was kinda melty and kinda crispy all at the same time.

    @Neena Thanks! Hehe...perhaps we will have to go on a Container Store window shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails