I have been on the search for an eyeliner that replicates the effect of the traditional Indian kajal, and actually stays on the waterline. I want something that doesn't migrate below my lash line and smudge all over the place, making it look like I had a sob session. When I heard from several sources and read many reviews that the Stila Kajal Eye Liner works pretty well on the waterline, I had to try it out!
I picked up the black one in Onyx and if I had to give this a grade I would give it a B. It is not the worst one out there, but it definitely did not meet all my criteria.
- The color is an intense black
- It is soft like a kajal should be and doesn't tug on the lid
- Doesn't last all day, but does not fade/migrate completely like most kajal liners
- Lasts only about 30 minutes before it starts to fade
- A bit pricey at $18 a pop
This works really well if you are looking for a smudgy black liner to line the eyelid, especially for a smoky eye, but then again tons of pencils do the same and are much cheaper.
The search continues for a great waterline pencil, so if you have any recommendations, let me know!